Welcome to Macedonia Baptist Church Youth

Haylee Freeman, Staff Writer

Are you interested in finding a youth group to join? I know when we hear joining a group or doing something we’ve never done before it can be super scary and overwhelming to think about, but sometimes it is worth trying something new! If you are interested in finding a youth group to join, I strongly encourage you to try out Macedonia Baptist Church’s youth group! I am in the youth there and I am also a student leader there as well. Macedonia’s youth group is a very relaxed group of young students like me and you! It is a super laid-back atmosphere and there is always someone there for everyone to connect with. The youth there is like one big family! We all love each other and are always kind and encouraging to one another. There is never a moment that someone is left out or feels they are being left out. There is no judgement of where you come from or what you have or have not done. It is a very good youth group to go to make friends and fellowship with like-minded people! There are students of all ages ranging from 6th grade – 12th grade! If you come you are bound to find someone to connect with and become friends with!

Address: 216 Macedonia Rd, Gaffney, SC 29341

Phone: (864) 489-7712

MEETING TIMES:
We have Sunday school on Sunday mornings from 9:30 to around 10:15ish. Each week we pick a random topic to discuss that teens have submitted on an online poll of what they would like to know more about and how God ultimately feels about a particular situation. These include things such as, abortion, suicide, self-harm, relationships, dating, transgender, etc… Then on Sunday nights we meet and have small groups from 6:00 to around 7:15ish or so. The youth group as a whole play a game and then we talk about the lesson for the night and then boys and girls split up and then guys and girls’ middle school and high school split up as well. Each month or so is a different study that we will all focus on! It is a wonderful time to connect with other guys/girls your own age and there is a lot of communication and fun and helpful discussions during this time. We have not quite started back meeting on Wednesday nights for now because of COVID and all but we plan on meeting again on Wednesdays very soon.

YOUTH EVENTS COMING UP:

Trip out to lunch and to the speed factory – Feb. 28th 2021
Carowinds Trip – planning on that sometime in June
BEACH CAMP/RETREAT – planning on that sometime in July

We hope to see you soon!
If you have any further questions, you can contact the church via the phone number attached above or you can email me at [email protected]
Thank you!