Stress, Stress, and More Stress

Makayla Horton, Staff Writer

Senior year is not quite what I expected.

For some, this year is dragging by, but for me it’s zooming by. Back in ninth grade I thought it would take forever to get to walk across the stage. Now, it’s just a few short months away.

It’s terrifying. You have to think about all the “what ifs.” For example, what if I didn’t make the most of high school, or what if my grades weren’t high enough in past years?

Freshman year of college is coming up fast. It’s a scary reality. College can either bring you great success, or bring you great debt. You want to be sure you pick the right major for yourself, but it’s such a big decision. You may end up changing your mind, halfway through your junior year of college.

We start planning our future in just the ninth grade, but we are still kids then. We didn’t know what we would want in ten years. You don’t get redos in life. One simple mistake could cause your life to go downhill.

Senior year is filled with many anxious thoughts. You may stay home with your parents and go to college. You may move across the country and go to college. You may not even go to college. If you are anything like me, you’re impulsive, and it brings you fear to plan things out.

Time is definitely running out as cap and gown orders are being placed. Everyone is watching you to see if you are going to make them proud. Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Brothers, and sisters, they all want to see you do “the next big thing.” They are so proud that you made it to senior year, and are pushing you to apply for the best colleges. And more than likely, you will succeed; it’s just a scary time.