School Events

School Events

Kaylee Reid, Managing Editor

Would school be more fun with more events? I think schools should do more events. Like spirit week but it would not be called spirit week. Random days throughout the year have a dress up day, like, pajama day, dress up like a superhero, country club vs country, throwback or even throwback to a certain era like the 70’s, 80’s or 90’s. This year for homecoming week we had; anything but a backpack, mathletes vs athletes, superhero, throwback, and black and gold. What if we did that more often throughout the school year? A lot of people were disappointed that we did not have a pajama day, we should bring that back as well. I think if we had more dress up days it would make school more fun, most of the time teenagers are stressed about classes, schoolwork, work and at home situations. When we get to dress up the whole vibe of the school is a lot better, we get to relax and be silly with our friends, take a bunch of cool pictures and make a lot more memories. For seniors and juniors, we have a prom bash towards the end of the year. Yes, that is a special time for them to be able to relax and celebrate themselves and their friends with prom, but we should do something like that for sophomores and freshmen. They should be able to just have a day to relax and not be stressed. It can be stressful switching from middle school to high school, but it can also be stressful moving from a small building to a big building. Even if teachers just had days where we get to sit back and watch a movie, either about what we are learning or just a random movie, or days where we get to bring board games or card games and have a chill class for the day. I think students would like to come to school more often if we had more activities and events. I also think that students would be more involved in their classes and their schoolwork if they had something to look forward to during the week or more things to look forward to during the school year.