Different Teaching Strategies

Shyanne Senchantixay, Staff Writer

What is your favorite way a teacher teaches? There are different ways of teaching, most teachers are lax, and others are authoritative. An authoritative teacher is in resemblance to a dictator. A lax teacher has mannerisms that mimic that of a laid back and “chill” individual; but what type of teacher is better for student learning? The benefit of authoritative teaching is that you learn that you can work harder and be better. Also, it helps adapt into the real world. The disadvantage of authoritative teachers is that they give so much work and they give too many assignments to do. Some lax teaching benefits would be that the teacher could bring the class food or let you listen to music. The disadvantages of lax teaching could be that the students may not do any work. Then the teacher has a lot of work to grade because everyone tries to turn in their work late. I think students overall have a better learning experience with a lax teacher because students are not stressed out to get work done at a certain time, they can take their time and do it right. It works better in my opinion, when you do not have to be like this is due the next day. Is this fair for the student though? In conclusion, a teacher is a teacher no matter what the subject of the class. They all must do the same thing, teach their subject, and help kids to pass school. It depends on the teacher because who are. I can say that as a student I would agree that a mix of lax and authoritativeness is the best style of teaching for student learning. Those kinds of teachers are the ones you always remember after you leave school. Some teachers must be authoritative because they must deal with kids, highschooler’s are crazy. They must watch us to make sure we do what we are supposed to do too. I think the teachers need to get more credit, because they have a lot to deal with when it comes to students. I thank all teachers for the work and training to make me the person I am today.