Gaffney High Homework

Gaffney High Homework

Drake Gunnells

Most people don’t realize how much it helps most students when the staff and teachers don’t give us homework. The reason I Drake Gunnells have decided to speak on this topic is because I have a life outside of school. You might even ask why am I so pleased to not have homework. I go to work right after school is over right at 3:30, I leave school, go to work and I don’t get off until 10:00. I clock in to work at 4:00 and get off around 10 or 10:30 everyday. Then, I have time to get settled in around 11:15 and do not have the ability to sleep until about 11:50pm so in theory I really don’t have much time to do homework. I try my hardest in school so I can complete my homework not matter how late it is. Something I experience is my teacher wondering why I am so tired or stressed but it does not bother me anymore because I have gotten into a routine that allows me to go to school, work, go home, and then sleep.

Not only do I have this issue, its time to think about our band and sport teams and cheerleaders that do not have much time for much nothing except their school events. For instance, the football team depending on away games, most of the time do not get home until around 12:45 at night. All the while having the responsibility of going to SCHOOL and completing HOMEWORK IN THAT VERY SAME DAY. On top of that that have to get up around 6:30am to get their ride or catch the bus. The administration and student body of Gaffney high school need to start thinking about these things. And the point I am trying to get to is we, the students, are here for 8 hours a day; then we have to go home and accept the household responsibilities we have to uphold, as well as having to complete homework it seems that teens and kids feel like they never get a break for school. We don’t understand the home lives or situations that might hold students back from completing their homework. We don’t know what these students have to have face when they step foot out this door of school. Teachers need to begin sympathizing to their children and limit the amount of home work they require to complete. Its because the teachers just want us to stay on topic and stay focused so we can we do that when we have all this going inside and outside of school, but isn’t it the responsibility of the student to self review the notes and assignments given within class, why should students have to extend past their given time for class to complete added assignments when the point of class is to learn based off of standards given by the District. This is a heavy topic, and requires a lot more than just one discussion, Gaffney high school should start putting more thought for the students, we try as hard and the best that we can….

Sincerely From,

A Stressed High School Student…