More GHS Indoor Percussion

Amalia Mata, Staff Writer

On Saturday, March 12th, the Gaffney High School’s indoor percussion performed at River Bluff High. Our goal was to score a 75/100, but ended up scoring a 71. Although we did not meet our goal, we still made first place in our division.

During the show, I was having some sound problems where Mr. Asis had to tell me to turn the pianos up. I also missed the part where I take my jacket off with the piano players because I was focused on turning the pianos up. I heard that the music score was our lowest score. Other than all of that, I am not sure what else went wrong beyond electronics.

After the awards ceremony, we got back on the bus and went to Columbiana Centre to eat. We had about an hour to get our food and eat. My brother and I ordered food from Sarku Japan. When we received our food, we started looking for a place to sit. There were not many tables open, so we sat near some of my friends at this small table that was meant for kids. As we were finishing our food, a couple of other band members joined us. We all had a great time and the food was great!

I believe Mr. Asis is proud of us, though we did not meet the goal. Mr. Asis and other band staff are still tweaking the show to make it the best it can be. We do not have a competition this Saturday, but next Saturday, we will be back on the road, headed to another competition to “steal someone’s lunch money.”