Gaffney High School’s New Baseball Coach

Ryder Ruppe, Staff Writer

Gaffney High School has a new baseball coach for this season. This is Coach Dyar’s first year here at Gaffney High School. He said that he loves it at Gaffney High School and that it is a great place with great people. Coach Dyar thinks that the future is bright and that the team is moving in a good direction. Dyar grew up in McDonough, Georgia and is a graduate of Point Unversity in West Point, Georgia. Before coming here, Dyar coached at Union County High School for 4 years, Dorman High School for 2 years, and for 10 years at Point University. His first season at Point University he was the assistant coach, but a year later he was promoted to head coach and was the coach that led their team to win the 2010 NCCAA Division II national championship. Dyar also played baseball at Andrew College in Cuthbert, Georgia and at the aforementioned Point University. Dyar has an impressive amount of experience as both a player and a coach that will most definitely translate to the success of the team.

“The goal is always to make a run and have a state title team, but the team has a lot of work to do and a lot of unknowns we need to figure out to be able to start that journey,” Dyar said. “This season they could be able to surprise a lot of people, the boys work really hard so it’s a good group so I’m excited about that.”

The Gaffney High School Indian’s season begins on February 23rd with a home game against Union County. The team’s season will have 26 games in the regular season, making the season last all the way to the end of April. Best of luck to Coach Dyar and the team. Come out to support the Gaffney Indians Baseball team!