Teacher Morale and its Effects on Student Performance

Shon Ponder, Staff Writer

The 2021-22 school year has proven how difficult returning to a normal regimen after COVID-19 can be. Within recent events we have seen that, no matter the issues at hand with allowing a school system to fluctuate as it once did before, those who come together can make a difference. Teachers, administration, students, and staff have all been affected through this time. It can be easily understood how mental health can affect the overall performance of not only children, but also adults within the work force. It is important to note that the future of the students within the building relies heavily on the ability of the teachers to carry out their duties. Sometimes this can become a burden for most teachers; the stress held upon them can actually affect this performance and ability to carry out the daily activities that are warranted through the school district. As students we should recognize the hard work that teachers put into their curriculum; everyone has a part to play and if one piece falls the entire system can fall as an extent of this. Teachers, you are not alone. We are not individuals amongst one huge plan; but one collective unit built to follow the principles of education. Together, we can turn a year of rebuilding into a year of transformation; the united system of Gaffney High School can prove that the difference between the teacher and the student is not to lecture one upon the other but to push one another to be the best version of themselves. We are the change; and whether we can divide and conquer to accept this fact is how we can begin the process. As always, GO INDIANS!