The Choice is up to YOU

The Choice is up to YOU

Haylee Freeman , Staff Writer

The mask that we have all been FORCED to wear has now became an option. The option is left up to the parents of students in school, up to themselves, and up to whoever chooses to wear or not to wear them. Governor Henry McMaster issued an order empowering parents to decide on masks in schools, restricts local mask mandates, and prohibits of vaccine passports. Never once have Americans been told they have to do such crazy things like wearing a mask. If you or your family choose to wear a mask that is solely up to you. However, the opinion of others on masks or no masks should not affect you. A lot of people that wear the mask and make a big deal about wearing them don’t even wear them “correctly” anyways. In my opinion, if you are truly that scared, make the choices that are best for you. A lot of the world is scared but a lot of us are not. However, if you are that scared there are things you can do that keep the rest of the world from turning into a dictatorship. Schools offer at-home schooling. There are even jobs you can do from home. The choice, of course, is up to you, but don’t make the rest of the world suffer too. It is okay to have your own opinion about it. I have already turned in my paper to make it wear I do not have to wear a mask at school. I will not wear the mask, and I will not be receiving any vaccine regarding COVID-19. If you feel more comfortable doing those things then by all means have at it. However, America is a place of freedom, and a place of choices. We all are obligated to our own choices and the opinion of others should not be weighted on us as to what they want. Governor McMaster stated recently that, “Vaccine passports will have no place in South Carolina. The very idea is un-American to its core.” I could not agree with this statement more. America is a place that people escape to for freedom. Freedom of all things. The choice is up to you, but do your own research before compiling your thoughts of wearing a mask and getting a vaccine onto everyone else.