GHS 12 Days of Christmas

Za'Riah Smith, Staff Writer

During the month of December, here at school we are doing the 12 days of Christmas. For the past week we have been doing different activities each day. Monday we had to wear red or green, Tuesday we got to write Christmas cards to the nursing homes, Wednesday we had to spread random acts of kindness, Thursday we had a stocking scavenger hunt, and Friday is Flannel Friday. I feel like with us doing this is getting everyone in the Christmas spirit, because not everyone has been in the Christmas spirit lately. Every evening Mrs. Jill Hanna emails every student and staff member about what activities or what we will wear for the next day. Mrs. Hanna goes out of her way to plan fun things like this for us on top of having to plan what her lesson plans are. I feel like she does not get the recognition she deserves. Throughout these days there are so many fun things coming ahead of us. Next week’s days are Monday we can wear Christmas Sweaters, Tuesday we wear Christmas socks, Wednesday is the last day of the Salvation Army drive which means it is the last day to bring in items that you would like to donate to the Salvation Army. Thursday we can bring in gently used coats or new coats to donate to the children in need, and then we have Flannel Friday again. Then that brings us to the last two days of the first semester, which is also exam week. On Monday December 19th we have our 3rd and 4th block exams which is also wear red and green and Christmas socks, and Tuesday December 20th is the last day of the first semester, and we have our 1st and 2nd block exams which is also day 12 and that is wear Christmas trees, sweaters, etc. The month of December is an exciting month not only because of Christmas but it is the month that you can go and look at house decorations and go to different zoos and look at lights and feed the animals. But it is also the month that ends the year and brings us into the oncoming year.